RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: builder test flying his own creation?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:12:15

Reading Andys comment Europa Flyer No 37:

"With the wheel in contact with the ground any yaw resulting in a
direction change will cause a roll in the opposite direction, therefore
the opposite aileron input will be needed compared to that in flight.
Better to concentrate on maintaining directional control."

I don't quite understand what he is saying about roll.

I understand directional control is paramount.

If left yaw begins, "Right now" correction is needed with right rudder.

Is he saying that although right rudder will be needed to correct left
yaw, a bit of left aileron (opposite aileron compared to rudder input) is
needed to level wings?

Ron Parigoris