Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!

Subject: Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 04:24:14
You might try the "bullet" connectors at the electronic control module.
 It is fairly common for these connectors to oxidize.  Try cleaning the
connectors.  Also, I have had the wire break under the insulation just a
t the connector.  Although I have not personally experienced it, I have
head that while the engine/connector is cold, continuity is maintained,
however, as the connector heats up continuity is lost.  As such, you wil
l be unable to ground out the engine when you turn off the ignition.
Regards,

Erich Trombley
Classic Mono 914

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/f
ront.htm?csp=24

 module.&nbsp; It is fairly common for these connectors to oxidize.&nbsp
; Try cleaning the connectors.&nbsp; Also, I have had the wire break und
er the insulation just at the connector.&nbsp; Although I have not perso
nally experienced it, I have head that while the engine/connector is col
d, continuity is maintained, however, as the connector heats up continui
ty is lost.&nbsp; As&nbsp;such, you will be&nbsp;unable&nbsp;to ground o
ut the engine when you turn off the ignition.</P>
<P>Regards,<BR></P>
<P>Erich Trombley<BR>Classic Mono 914</P>
.com/news/front.htm?csp=24">Interested in getting caught up on today's
 news?<br>