Re: Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:12:24
Rich,

Be very careful not to turn the prop  until this is fixed. You may have a hot
ignition! The engine may start without  you wanting it to.....and when you
may be in a bad  position!

I would hazard a guess that your magnetos are not getting grounded when you
turn off the mag switches. In other words, the switches are not grounding the

mags. I would check resistance to ground at each magneto when  the
corresponding switch is on or off. Off should give you almost zero  ohms, which
means
the mag is grounded, and the engine should shut  off. And the meter should read

max resistance on analog meters or  OL on digital meters when the switch is
turned On, so the engine runs.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear