Re: Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: HELP my Rotax Won't Stop!
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:18:09

Kim Prout wrote:
  If you are using the typical ACS type switch
> (Cessna type) the connections on that unit are confusing.
Kim
Might I add a couple of points to your advice?
Not only is it complicated but this switch has a history of failures.

> BTW the Rotax will not ignite if cranking RPM is below 220. Just the
> same, be very careful if hand turning the propeller when any ignition
> module is still hot (not grounded).
> kp
There was a guy in the UK who hand started his 912 on a regular basis.
Don't ask me why and I never saw it done but it does add emphasis to
your warning
please give my regards to Paul and Kathy
Graham