Europa-List: Re: Fuel flow transducer

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel flow transducer
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:28:14

Hi Peter,

If you still have the flexibility to make this choice for your panel, my
recommendation is to use a Grand Rapids EIS 2004 engine monitor with the fuel
flow option which is another USD375.00. See
http://www.grtavionics.com/model_2004.htm  The EIS is one of the best
instruments in my panel. Rock solid performance and reliability. The fuel flow
totaliser is accurate to within 0.1 gallons after calibration which makes for
great peace of mind on fuel remaining and the endurance is calculated for you.
I  have also found that the EIS total engine time recorder is very reliable.
After 500 + hours, it is within a few decimals of my Hobbs meter reading. Next
time around, I would not bother with a Hobbs. Let me know if you have any
questions.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina

**************
From: peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk
Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Flow transducer
Gents
I'm looking at fitting a Fuel Computer to G-MFHI - I've got my eye on the
FF-3 from MGL but I've been advised that the flow transducer that they supply
would not be approved by the PFA. From what I've picked up, they are happy
with the Floscan 201 transducer.
Does anyone have any recomendations for any different (yet still reasonable
priced) fuel computer and if any other transducers are going to be acceptable
to the PFA. If the Flowscan is the way to go, is there an agent in the UK
or do I need to get one from the US. Any indication of the price for the
transdicer would be very helpful as well.
Regards Peter

_-
_-
_-