Europa-List: Re: Fuel Flow transducer

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Flow transducer
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 03:26:56
Hi Mike -

Our plumbing is "nonstandard" with the 914 fuel return line plumbed into a
"T" fitting that's installed downstream from a single Floscan 231.  The
other side of the "T" feeds the pumps/check valves.  In our configuration,
the 231 indicates the fuel being used by the engine (feed minus return)...
which is low flow volume compared to the total flow around the circuit.

However, we did run our 914 without the "T" installed when it was on a test
stand with the 231 inline with the fuel supply.  I don't recall what the
total flow measurement was in this config but I'm certain that the 231
handled it (i.e. - the reading didn't saturate).  I bet I can dig the number
out of the test data if you're interested.

How did you compensate for the high volume of fuel return on the 914 fuel