Europa-List: Re: Fuel Flow transducer

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Flow transducer
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:02:38

Hello Peter,

We're using a Floscan 231 with an MGL data acquisition unit
(RDAC X) on our Rotax 914 setup.  No worries!  You just have
to make a few "mods" to the installation.

The 231 flow sensor expects 12-15 VDC power instead of the 5
VDC provided by the MGL FF instruments.  We simply tied the
sensor to the 12 VDC power line for the FF instrument.  We
also installed a 10K pullup resistor on the FF instrument
between the flow signal input line and +5 VDC line.

The 231 outputs a square wave with 19800 pulses per gallon.
   Convert this to pulses per liter (~5231) and set the "K"
factor for the FF instrument accordingly.

Our source for the Floscan 231 was Scuba Steve's Marine
Outlet.  Less than $100 US and he ships internationally.

http://www.scubasteve.biz/store/manufacturers/floscan/floscan.htm

Good luck!

-----------------------------------

 > I'm looking at fitting a Fuel Computer to G-MFHI - I've
got my eye on the
 > FF-3 from MGL but I've been advised that the flow
transducer that they
 > supply would not be approved by the PFA. From what I've
picked up, they
 > are
 > happy with the Floscan 201 transducer.
 >
 > Does anyone have any recomendations for any different
(yet still
 > reasonable
 > priced) fuel computer and if any other transducers are
going to be
 > acceptable to the PFA. If the Flowscan is the way to go,
is there an agent
 > in the UK or do I need to get one from the US. Any
indication of the price
 > for the transdicer would be very helpful as well.
 >
 > Regards
 >
 > Peter
 >
 > _______

_-