Re: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:25:41

Hi Clif,

For your information, the springs we designed and ordered in Holland are the
ones which were used to get the PFA approval. I flew them to Fairoaks last
year myself for Ian and Ivor to get their UK PFA approaval. Our aircraft
were used for the prototype springs and testing. The Dutch springs are the
ones which set the standard. We made the modifications and if I order them
for you guys, you'll get the specs. discribed in the Mod made via Ian
Rickard for the PFA approval.
Remember, it is the design of Nico Groot, kopied by me, Rob and Jac. Nico
did the engeneering and we did the testing and pioneering on 4 Dutch
Europa's. (PH-AMD, PH-IEN, PH-JAI and the PH-LOB) It is not a Factory Mod.
Originally Andy from Europa 04 wasn't interested last year at Kemble at all
(!), when I showed him my prototype springs. Ian and Ivor were the ones who
made this Mod official in the UK.

The higher the number I place in a order for you all, the lower the price.
But, I do it for you, not for myselve. I don't want to earn a penny out of
it. For me it is a hobby. If you don't want them, be my guest. It saves me a
lot of time and effort....

Regards, Tim.

Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
PH-JAI #460 XS TG 914 AP332