RE: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:23:22

Yes. Nico
IMHO it is past time you were recognised about this issue.........when
everyone else has finished "scratching everyone else's back"!
No one seems to recognise the time and effort of the guy who actually
conceives the concept......I recall similar effects over my position on
the blessed Mod. 70 and continued use of turnbuckles.
Everyone is content to "cut up the cake" be it finance or "compliments"
and forget the guy who did the "baking"!
I for one will compliment you on sticking to your determination over the
production of this spring concept and having once suffering a severed
bungee due to the bump stop cutting it on a heavy landing I consider
your development to be very constructive.
BTW folks should notice that I haven't had any bungee fraying since I
turned my bump stop the other way up, since it was an item of
considerable derision and denial when I suggested the concept.
It is possible that fraying being noticed is in fact being caused by the
head of the bump stop passing through the "lays" of the tight bungee
since it has to move by the same distance as the nose leg (being part of
it).
It certainly was in my case.

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300