Re: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Steel nose wheel springs
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:16:34

Steve,

I cannot find MOD 71 on the Europa site. According my information it is an
Europa Club MOD. I have the approval data from Ian Rickart who did the
approval request with the English PFA. The data is based on the properties I
have placed on the website of http://www.europaowners.org

If it would be an official Europa04 MOD, I agree you all have to order them
by Andy.  If Europa04 doesn't trade, they cannot survive. Europa04 and Andy
deserve it! It's is important for all Europa builders and owners to keep
Europa 04 alive! In that case I keep my hands off.
But unfortunately I didn't see a "MOD71"on their website jet....(?)

So, until it is just an Europaclub MOD, the MOD is based on Nico's data, our
experience and we payed much more for our  springs because we ordered just
one set in a time for ourselves.......Nico and Rob even had also the first
set of springs installed which were not tight enough. So they are the real
pioneers.
  I didn't earn a penny out of it, (it only cost me money to order, collect
for Europafilles and fly them to diverent places) neather did Nico or Jac.
For us it's just a part of the hobby. The only diverence Ian made was that
we originally used two springs completely the same. In the offical Club Mod
describtion there is a left winded and right winded ciol spring (mirror)
with the same properties. That is what we changed in the last order for Jac.
Our springs are made from stainless steel and after one and a half year of
service I can tell you it works fine !

Lets first see what the status is of "MOD 71".

Regards, Tim.

Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands.
#460 PH-JAI XS TG 914 AP332