Re: Europa-List: Can one person maneuver the wings in the shop?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Can one person maneuver the wings in the shop?
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:34:10

In a message dated 29/12/04 01:53:36 GMT Standard Time, asarangan@YAHOO.COM
writes:

> Just looking for ideas on how I can maneuver the wings during
> construction.

Initially I used saw horses and blocks of foam. However, the wings get a lor
heavier after fitting the flaps and ailerons, and after nearly dropping a wing

on the concrete garage floor I bought an engine hoist. By using the hoist I
have been able to do everything on my own, including trial-fitting the wings to

the fuselage.

John Heykoop
XS mono #536 G-JHKP
Landing gear installed, and now starting on all the smaller jobs that need to
be finished before I can put the top on. 1450 build hours to date.