Re: Europa-List: Can one person maneuver the wings in the shop?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Can one person maneuver the wings in the shop?
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:05:46

I used sawhorses and often moved the wings by myself. They are not as
cumbersome as they look.  I simply lifted or lowered one end at a time off and
on the
horses. They are easily flipped around on the leading edge while on the floor
then put them back on the sawhorses allowing you to work on the top or
bottom.  Handle them at the spar end when you do that and make sure you have a
piece
of carpeting underneath the edge to keep the wings from scuffing.
You can spend a lot of unnecessary time making dollies, suspensions and
caddies that really are not necessary. IMHO

Brian Skelly
Texas
Europa # A276 TriGear
See My build photos at: