Re: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?
From: Richard Sementilli <rsementi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:42:53

Thank you for your email.
1. Yes, I've heard about the bumpy starts and stops with the 912S
motor. I also heard that the new ones are equipped with a stronger
starter motor that powers through the high compression starts, have
you heard this? I aslo read another email here on the Europa list that
claims wonderful performance even at altitude with the 912S...I'm so
confused!!!
2. I intend to fly it mostly on the east coast but I do intend to take
it to Lake Tahoe too so I was hoping to get through the mountains with
the 912S. I would buy the 914 turbo but I am afraid of the reliability
and complexity of the engine.
3. I have never heard about the mixture issue, is that common?
4. Never heard about the gear box wear due to the bumby idle either.
Is their any solution to this while still using the 912S?