RE: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:45:33

>>I also read another email here on the Europa list that claims
wonderful performance even at altitude with the 912S...I'm so
confused!!!<<

At max take-off weight, 5000rpm set and max throttle, 7000ft pressure
altitude and OAT +20degC, I recorded 600fpm which is not bad when I
still had another 500rpm available if required. To make the most of the
performance a constant speed prop is a great help. Maybe this poor
performance was with a fixed pitch prop.

Nigel Charles