Re: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What engine for my Europa?
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:23:32

I too have the 914 with approx 300 hrs of trouble free service. I chose it
for added safety For those high density alt. days that  one may run into and
that added climb power when needed. We also have mountains near. I often do
not use the turbo on take off  when at sea level and light loads but nice to
have when one needs it. I had a Kitfox with a 912 and it was a great engine
as well. I would call Lockwood in Florida if you need to talk to people with
914 exp.They convinced me of the 914 reliabilty .
Regards
Jerry