RE: Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:24:09

Ferg wrote:
>  Right, the Nigel Charles mod I used rubber tap washers which are
easily changed and they damp the whole panel pretty well. Ferg

Yes Ferg, I guess I was just trying to achieve a belt and braces result
because the tap washers are quite firm and Nigel had told me some time
ago they did not achieve very much vibration dampening.  As it turns
out, a mate of mine found some roofing screws the other day which have
conical shaped rubber washers that are much softer than the
hemispherical tap washers so I think I'll give them a go albeit the
holes in them are slightly larger than 3/16" but not so big that they
wont still work okay.  I'll still have the tap washers to fall back on
if need be.

Cheers
Kingsley