Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment

Subject: Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:28:42

Sending this a second time, something went wrong the first time.  If it
turns up twice, my apologies.

All,

 I would like to know what method of retainment other builders have used to
secure the aluminium (aluminum) sub panels for the instruments and avionics.

 If possible, I would prefer to use flexible retainers of some sort but am
at
a loss as to what sort to use.  As I see it, any such devices would need to
be permanently fixed to the panel proper in order for the retaining screws
of the sub panels to be able to be installed and removed without the need
for access from the rear.

 All ideas or advice gratefully received.

 Thanks in anticipation

 Kingsley Hurst
Mono Classic 281 in Oz.