Re: Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument and Avionics Sub Panel Retainment
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 14:16:51

Kingsley Hi!

> I would like to know what method of retainment other builders have used to
> secure the aluminium (aluminum) sub panels for the instruments and avionics.

Nigel Charles introduced me to some varied size inserts that compress into
the Main Panel retaining area and allow standard screws to secure sub
panels.

I think he may have got them from Wicks Aircraft Supplies.

Details:

AVK Industrial Products
25323  Rye Canyon Road
Valencia, CA 91355
USA

TEL +1 (661) 257-2329
FAX +1 (661) 257-8043

Website: http://www.avkfasteners.com/products.html

They are available in a variety of sizes.

Regards

Gerry

Europa 384 G-FIZY
Trigear with Rotax 912 and Arplast CS Prop.
Panel near completion.
Dynon EFIS, KMD 150, Icom A-200 and SL70 Transponder.
PSS AoA Fitted.

http://www.g-fizy.com
+44 7808 402404
gnholland@onetel.com