Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:51:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "nigel charles" <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
| I agree with David. In my opinion the Andair gascolator obviates the
| need for separate water drains. It also enables easy inspection and
| cleaning of any debris unlike the standard filters. Bowl removal
| cleaning and refitting takes no more than 3 minutes (not that I have
| found anything in the bowl so far).
|
| Nigel Charles

I was wondering what then filters out the tank water before one starts an
engine? The water drains take a sample from the bottom of the tank
(hopefully) in an admitted large sample - at any time. The gascolator drains
off water as it approaches the engine. To me these are two different
sources, one of storage, one of system...............?
ferg
A064