Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain modification?
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:49:56

Hi! Brian.
The Mod. is the Water Drain Mod by Europa.
However IMHO when you get it please ensure that the plain MAIN FLOW tank
exit is back drilled from inside to open the drilling intersection to 1/4"
being careful not to drill too deep and break through the outer diameter of
the connector body. This needs attention on both the reserve and main tank
connectors prior to construction of the finger gauze part of the assembly.
Ignore this and the flow is 50% reduced and can block with minimal debris
that has passed the finger filter gauze causing the noise up front to stop!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300