Europa-List: 912S starting

Subject: Europa-List: 912S starting
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:30:11

>From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
>I spoke to Jerry Davis of Lyndhurst and he had three suggestions which can
>be done in turn.
>
>1. Fit a Red Top battery, which is designed to give a high starting current

Richard
With luck the Red Top might do it.

>There is some doubt about the newer starter motor. I have heard that it
>won't fit and I have heard it will fit.

I have heard that it fits an XS so it should fit your Classic with the XS
engine mount, that will give enough extra room.

The manual I have talks of "the crankshaft locking screw (part no 240 880)
>which is part of the standard tool kit supplied with each engine". Does
>anyone HAVE one of these. I don't remember seeing it !

There is a screw in the crankcase, LHS forard , take it out and you'll see
the crankshaft has a hole to take the locking screw, so find a screw long
enough to reach the hole, turn the crankshaft until the screw enters the
locking hole.

Graham