Re: Europa-List: 912S starting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912S starting
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:41:39

> The manual I have talks of "the crankshaft locking screw (part no 240 880)
> which is part of the standard tool kit supplied with each engine". Does
> anyone HAVE one of these. I don't remember seeing it !

Could be.

The orange plastic bag, marked 877076, contains (in addition to the screwdriver,
allen wrench and tube spanner and tommy bar) a threaded rod about 50mm long,
possibly M8, with a round spigot machined on one end and a hex socket in the
other end.  Not marked with a part number, nowhere to put one really.

Does this sound a candidate ?

John Cliff