Re: Europa-List: Firewall Cutout before module bonding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Cutout before module bonding
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:47:01

Empty Silicone gun tubes.....................what a great idea!!!!
Ok, bit of questing required now, but I should be able to overcome this
one. Thanks Paul, yet again a saint, or should I say "wise man". My cockpit
module doesn't seem to sit as flat as it might because there is a several
ply buildup on the flange that attaches the vertical front face of the
thigh support to the floor. The reason for this is that my maingear attach
points required some thickening there. If I now weight down the module, I
seem to have a see saw effect, and whilst my flight controls sit all on one
side of the fulcrum, I don't want to force the issue. I think I will resign
myself to a little extra redux, and a diet post build.
Firewall cutouts. I dont see any reason why I can't take out the front of
the tunnel, as it will allow me to ensure good adhesion between module and
firewall, and between module and floor. Any couter arguments on that one???
I reckon I can even install the gear mount whilst the module is being glued
down, in pre drilled holes through the firewall, so that the spacing
remains exact and things don't tighten or loosen whilst gluing. What I mean
by tighten or loosen, is the gap between the 2 holes at the bottom where
the   bottom of the module could flare out under too much weight etc.
Reg
Tony Renshaw