Re: Europa-List: Firewall Cutout before module bonding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall Cutout before module bonding
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:33:21

Tony,

If I was to do it again I would not use screws, rivets or anything
mechanical to pull it together.  I would have supported the bottom and
lowered in the module and pressed it home with weighted shot bags.  I had a
big bunch of these that Jenny had stitched up.  If you want to make some up
quickly you can buy # 4s hot gun pellets and put them in zip loc bags.

I would at least experiment with this idea and if you can't get good gap
closure then I would go with plan A.  For applying the Redux get your self
some empty silicone gun tubes.  I had tried icing bags, toweling it in and
various other methods and I would have to say it works 10 times better than
anything else.

Good luck,  Paul