Re: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:53:25

In a message dated 9/12/2003 7:17:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DuaneFamly@aol.com writes:

> Might as well add my $.02. If you have a Costco around, pick up some of
> their
> talc free latex gloves. I've gone through the first box and am on my second.

> Use them religiously when handling epoxy. As expressed, the allergic
> reaction
> is the pits.
>
> A shop vac with a good filter to keep the dust away from you when drilling,
> grinding, and cutting any of the laid up surfaces.
>
> At many stores, just ask the wife, pickup a rotary fabric cutter. Once you
> have used this to cut your fiberglass you'll never use a scissors again.
>
> I am doing mine in two pair of sawhorses with a closet door that I picked up

> at a garage sale and covered with soft outdoor carpet.

My input is to avoid breathing the fumes like the plague as well. I have to
wear a space suit now to work with the stuff - did so today with a mod I am
working on. I cannot be around the fumes at all -- didn't have the problem when
first started out, though.

Dave
A227\
Mini U2