Re: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:57:42

Brian,

Can't argue with anything that John Lawton recommends except for the
Shears for cutting glass cloth.  My wife introduced me to the rotary
cutter.  You'll never use a pair of shears again.  Go to a good sewing
store and get a GOOD rotary cutter and the two BIGGEST cutting pads you
can find.  Probably an extra cutter blade or two as well.  Then go to
Lowe's or Home Depot and get the longest aluminum ruler/straight-edge
they have, 4' minimum.  That's the best set-up for cutting glass cloth.
  Straight, even cuts.

BUT, the rotary cutter won't cut peel ply  worth a hoot.  Back to
shears for that.

Good building,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL