RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 1st Stupid Question
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:09:26

EXCELLENT list of goodies to make the job easier, John.

Not actually a quibble, but I would consider the right angle drill
attachment a necessity, not a convenience item.  There are also some holes
that will require extension drills, AKA aircraft drills, with lengths much
longer than standard jobber length drills.  Pick the size and length as
required when you get to a point where you just can not figure out how to
make the hole (for example, when installing the W-35 gusset plates).

To your list I would add a silicone based barrier cream (Avon's Silicone
Glove works for me) to protect against an allergic reaction to the epoxy
(something I regret having ignored until after the itching started many
months after beginning construction) and for extra protection a chemical
filter in a respirator.  Not everyone develops an allergy but believe me,
not having any allergies beforehand is not a guarantee that you won't
develop an allergy to epoxies.

Another mistake is to buy the cordless Dremel tool (it seemed like a good
idea at the time, but perhaps the latest model is better).  After
discovering that the charge is good for maybe ten minutes I replaced that
one with the real Dremel with a cord.  It took two of them to complete the
job, and my second one is nearly worn out.

What's the denatured alcohol for?

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070