Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:44:01

In a message dated 9/2/2003 10:13:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu writes:

> This is going to be somewhat different for every builder depending on
> finish, speed kit, prop type, feathering.
> You'll have to measure your own.  With a speed kit and feathering prop, I
> believe 20:1 should be within reason.
> I have not measured mine yet.  Has anyone some personal data?

---From what I have seen, I think that 20:1 is not realistic for the short
wing.
At sea level, that would be a sink rate at 60 knots of 304 fpm. I suspect the
glide ratio of the short wing is more in the 10 to 12 range. Just an educated
guess.

Dave
A227
Mini U2