Re: Europa-List: Eine Nachricht von Karl Heinz Topp

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Eine Nachricht von Karl Heinz Topp
From: Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:38:19

Europa Listers,

While Mr. Topp's message may be innocent enough - who knows for sure - this
is not appropriate for the List distribution, especially written in
German.  As John has pointed out, I would also strongly recommend against
entering any data in the listed website or otherwise communicating with
this individual.  The likelihood that it is a harvester of email addresses
for spam is high.  I have unsubscribed Mr. Topp from the Europa List (the
only List he is currently subscribed to) just to be safe.  If I hear from
him directly with an explanation I will pass it along to the List.

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
List Admin.

At 01:17 PM 6/29/2003 Sunday, you wrote:
><mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>On the face of it, this joker has NOT yet added all our email addresses to his
>database, as they are not known to other subscribers unless you have posted a
>message to the list.  The subscriber list is held at Matronics but is not
>present in delivered messages.  This posting was sent to the list (showing he
>must be a subscriber), so he is not addressing it only to previous posters.
>
>I suggest nobody is unwise enough to enter personal details into his website
>(also in German).
>
>I have dropped a line to the list manager to advise him.
>
>John Cliff

Matt G Dralle | Matronics | PO Box 347 | Livermore | CA | 94551
925-606-1001 V | 925-606-6281 F | dralle@matronics.com Email
http://www.matronics.com/ WWW | Featuring Products For Aircraft