Re: Europa-List: 914 mag check problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 mag check problem
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:42:16

Dave;

In reading your comment that two cylinders  have a rise in EGT of 140 degrees
and
the other 6 cylinders have a rise of 40 degrees, leads me to suspect that the
mixture is to lean. If the mixture was to rich then you would have a drop in the
EGT's You can confirm this by doing a runup, then pull the plugs on the two
cylinders that rose 140 degrees and looking at the plugs.

In the maintenance manual look at the view of the exploded view of the carb.
There
is a barrel that slides up and down in the center of the carb. there is a needle
valve in the center of the barrel. It has a circular clip around the top of the
needle valve, the clip is usually in the second ring from the top of the needle
valve, if this clip is moved down one notch it will richen up the mixture.

If you have any questions, please advise.

Jim Brown