Re: static sparks

Subject: Re: static sparks
From: Barrington Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:48:56
Hi William,

You might also try the following.

I have a cable bolted to the filler spout closure handle for my Jerry
cans and on the other end of the cable is a crocodile clip which I
connect to a small screw on the aircraft filler neck. The above allows
any charge to go through the cable to the can into the ground before
filling and there is a permenant connection between can and neck. No gap
= no spark!

Barry Tennant
D-EHBT