Re: Mainwheel punctures

Subject: Re: Mainwheel punctures
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:54:05
Gary,

Having "tested" the tires on several Cessna 152s while learning to land
during primary training (and I'll admit to a few additional "tests" later
on), and having never damaged any tires or aircraft, I find your experience
quite worrisome.  Were these tire failures with the factory supplied tires
and tubes from the third world, or with real aircraft tires and tubes (on
the mains, anyway)?  And, were the failures during normal landings on paved
runways?

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070