Re: Mainwheel punctures

Subject: Re: Mainwheel punctures
From: Mark Waite <Mark@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:59:33
> Alan, raises a good question about the monowheel - can anyone who has
> experienced a monowheel puncture on touch-down say what happened please?

I experienced a monowheel (G-GBXS) puncture on arrival at last years North Weald
Aerofair.

I landed on the concrete runway with, what must have been, a completely flat
tyre.
The experience was strange but I can honestly say that it wasn't a big deal
- the aircraft tracked straight and true with a very short ground roll. The
prop was never in any danger of striking the ground (though I was concerned at
the time) and the culprit turned out to be a stiff piece of lock wire that (I
assume) must have been picked up at my departure airfield.

Regards
Mark Waite