Re: Mainwheel punctures

Subject: Re: Mainwheel punctures
From: STOUT GARRY V CSFF2 <garrys@att.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:58:48
In my trigear, I have experienced a tire blow out on both the nosewheel, and one
of the maingear wheels.  The nosewheel blow out was quite severe with a violent
shimmy that I thought would shake the plane to pieces.  No problem maintaining
directional control however, as I used the rudder effectively until the plane
slowed down and then used differential braking to maintain directional control.
With the landing blow out on the right main gear tire, I had already slowed
down to about 15 kts when the blow out occurred.  Maintaining directional
stability was a real struggle.  I shudder to think what would have happened
if it blew out right at touchdown speed.  In either situation, it's not a fun
experience.

Garry V. Stout

District Manager, AT&T Business Services
Phone:  813-878-3929   Fax 813-878-5651

*****Please note new e-mail address******