Re: aileron control front bearing

Subject: Re: aileron control front bearing
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:46:42
Hi

If I remember the cs03?? goes very close to the floor in order to be
at the right angle.

I wouldn't be too hasty to open the hole up to make allowences for
cockpit module movement or inaccurate positioning because you could
end up with alot of play in the system, however putting a piece of
thin plastic between the ali and tufnel shouldn't be a problem.

Ours worked a treat even without the plastic. It all hinges on the
accurate positioning of the tube and the securing of the cockpit
module to stop it flexing too much. It was a long time ago that I did
that job!!

Ed

Quoting Richard Iddon <riddon@btinternet.com>:

> I am about to redux together the front assembly of my aileron
control,
> sandwiching the tufnol bearing between the CS03 bush and the CS02
> control
> stick fork, then fixing in the CS05 tube.
>
> I have checked all the archive material and noted the concerns over
> stiff
> roll control. As a result I have decided that I should
> 1). carefully open up the hole in the tufnol slightly to give a
little
> extra
> 'play'
> 2). place a sheet of polythene between the tufnol and the flange of
the
> CS03
> bush, removing it once cured to give a little end float.
> 3). Fix several lengths of fine fishing line or similar, equally
> spaced
> around the diameter through the length of the inside of CS02 and
CS03

_
> The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK
> <info@avnet.co.uk>

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup///G-SELF powered by Jabiru 3300///
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm