Re: aileron control front bearing

Subject: Re: aileron control front bearing
From: BCLERX@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:15:33
The ideal solution would be to replace the tufnol bearing with a "real"
aircraft bearing. I'll bet they don't use this in the certified "Liberty".
I'm about at this stage also, and have been toying with this idea. I haven't
really looked at bearing catalogs or asked my A&P friends for suitable
bearings yet. Perhaps someone out there knows the part number of a suitable
bearing. I don't like stiff controls and I certainly don't like slop in the
system. I still might do it according to plans since no one seems to be
having any problems with it.

Ben Clerx
Calif. USA