Re: aileron control front bearing

Subject: Re: aileron control front bearing
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:54:45

----- Original Message ----- From: "david joyce" <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Subject: Re:  aileron control front bearing> Richard, If you
do find the bearing is stiff, despite your care it is> possible to free it
up fairly easily by "lubricating" the bearing with Brasso and wiggling it
for a half hour or however long it needs then> "washing" the Brasso out with
oil. I would be tempted to somply follow the> manual and then deal with the
stiffness if you are one of the unlucky ones.> David 402

David:
            Greetings..... I used that Brasso ploy, and then cleaned it out
with a local spraycan of "Brake Cleaner". But someone (it embarrasses me  to
have forgotten who) suggested I also add a thin washer to the end of the
pitch torque tube, stick the cockpit into the canoe, and when cured, remove
the washer. Haven't glued in yet, but will report on same when done.
regards, Ferg