Re: Runway length

Subject: Re: Runway length
From: Jim Thursby <athursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:39:00
Hi Paul,
 I used to fly our company demonstrators regularly in and out of a private
900-foot grass strip. Mono was 914 with an airmaster prop, the trike a 912S
and a whirlwind hydraulic prop. Plenty of length, provided you practiced it.
Interestingly the 912S-powered plane would clear the 4-foot fence by 50
feet, the 914-powered plane 25 or 30. Regardless of flap settings on the
trike.

Jim Thursby