Re: Runway length

Subject: Re: Runway length
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:01:52
I go along with everything that Andy Draper said but I would like to add the
following observation.

Last November when Laddingford's grass strip was nice and soft (?!?!?) I did
several take-offs which I subsequently when out and measured as the ground
marks were EASY to see. I was pretty close to max gross and each measured
just under 200 metres. Obviously harder ground would take less. and as Andy
said, the more room you have got, the more room there is for the errors that
we all make all too often.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY Classic with 912 and NSI/Warp Drive wobbly prop.