Re: Runway length

Subject: Re: Runway length
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 04:26:25
Message text written by Graham Singleton
>>mmmm....... wilksch WAM120 with MT prop.The two are the heaviest in their
>respective categories. I reckon you will need a good length of the runway
>get airbourne!!!
>
>   karim.
># 420

Not true. When I flew it in the early days, derated to about 80 bhp, we
were off the ground, up to 6 feet altitude !?!  back down again and stopped

in about 600 meters. We had to, it was foggy. Mark was very keen to fly in
the last century and it was 4 PM on 31 December 1999. That was a busy
week  {?:-)
Graham<

I don't doubt the performance but the useable payload must be of concern.
The APS weight is unlikely to be less than a Subaru powered Europa. Several
of these are up to MTOW with two average adults and full fuel ie. no
baggage weight. Not very useful for touring.

Nigel Charles