Re: Runway length

Subject: Re: Runway length
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:19:57
Message text written by Hans Jrgen Danielsen
>Thank you for letting us know about your findings. I think you should make
your spreadsheet available to club members. It's vital to observe and be
able to calculate all the variables which affect takeoff and landing
performance - especially on a limiting runway.
<

Thank you for your appreciative comments.

As I indicated in my e-mail I can send out copies as required. It is in
'Psion' sheet format at the moment but I will convert it to Excel shortly.
To make it practical to use some form of mobile computing is essential. The
main choices are:

Psion - compact, reasonable readability in bright sunlight, very low power
consumption, good landscape screen layout
Palm - compact, some are poor in bright sunlight, low power consumption,
small limiting portrait screen layout
Laptop - bulky, virtually unreadable in bright sunlight, significant power
consumption, vast screen layout

I will also write setup and user instructions. Hopefully this should be
available in about a week. There are two spreadsheets, one for weight &
balance/take-off the other for landing.

 As mentioned in the past I have also produced an electronic navlog which
provides a crosscheck for the GPS. Unlike the Flight Manager and Navbox
programs it gives a fuel check at each waypoint (useful if a long trip is
planned).  I won't clutter the forum with details of it now but will supply
more info if there is significant interest.

Nigel Charles