RE: Tailplanes

Subject: RE: Tailplanes
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:07:12
Actually its double single-shear, with the shear being in the same
tangential direction rather than opposed.

Your solution relies on friction generated (from the tension in the bolt)
over only the small area under the saddle washer. It would reduce the edge
bolt, it would be easy to calculate the % contribution. I suspect not very
great in relation to the bearing strength of the pin/tube interface.

Duncan McFadyean