RE: Tailplanes

Subject: RE: Tailplanes
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:59:45
Hi! Miles.
That was the reason for my original request, I've had about a dozen people
communicate with me, not all yet flying, but mine has reached maximum
permissible in 150 hours and doesn't have the Rotax start and stop shudder.
Although it has probably had twice as many landings as in the records!!!!
Your full and final loctite may well be a good remedy but I hope you don't
want it out again in a rush, it took me 4 hours pulling two close fitting
pins out with mole grips yesterday because they were drilled /reamed to fit
so close. Yet you could throw them into the TP12's when dismantled.
The factory  suggest it isn't a major problem or epidemic. If you are at
that stage and past the assembly, with the top on leave it. I just want
those with the tops off to make sure they save their time and effort for
better things later.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG