Re: What, Where and Can I

Subject: Re: What, Where and Can I
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:50:49
Hi Everyone

I called Adams again and got a quote (with the Europa discount I
might add) of 269 + VAT for a Comant tear-drop gps antenna. Needless
to say, I won't be buying it. If the replacement arial is 30 odd
pounds, and the magant is 45 then 5 years of doing glass fibre
layups sways me towards making my own tear drop, or perhaps just
mounting an arial inside if it isn't affected by the skin. After all,
it's less drag that way

Thanks everyone

Ed

Quoting Runnymede73@aol.com:

> the guts of these teardrop antennae are repeated in a type named
> 'magant'
> obtainable from RD aviation at Oxford airport cost about 45 i think
> with a little ingenuity this can be glassed and faired on the top
of the

> structure.
> works with dc at 6-40 volts
> treat yourself and save cash
> mine has worked superbly over the last 3 years
> bill

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm