Re: Rotax 912S Air Shroud Hood

Subject: Re: Rotax 912S Air Shroud Hood
From: Jonathan Moyle <jmoyle@epo.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:37:45
 14:37:42,
        Serialize by Router on thmail/EPON(Release 5.07a |May 14, 2001) at
04-09-2001
 14:37:42,
        Itemize by SMTP Server on rout01/EPOR(Release 5.07a |May 14, 2001) at
04/09/2001
 14:37:43,
        Serialize by Router on rout01/EPOR(Release 5.07a |May 14, 2001) at
04/09/2001
 14:40:30,

Just asked this question (is the shroud necessary?) to the factory and thier
response was that it is recommended as it improves the cooling. Skydrive in
England apparently supply the engines with the shroud as standard. I also
purchased an engine without the shroud only to discover that the XS cowl is
designed to make use of it. Rotax dealers here in the Netherlands just
quoted me $345 plus delivery to order one. Sure wish I could copy someones.

Jonathan #330