Re: Rotax 912S Air Shroud Hood

Subject: Re: Rotax 912S Air Shroud Hood
From: hedley brown <hedley@hedleybrown.flyer.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:13:33
If you fit an Arplast V.P.prop, the prop-centic power/monitoring unit which
fits on the engine is smack in the way of airflow though the shroud's supply
of air to the left-hand cylinders. I cut through the shroud at this point to
make room for the Arplast bits and then made a second orifice in the left
hand side of the cowling with a duct to serve the left isolated bit of
shroud. Don't yet know if that keeps the lh pots cool enough as the 'fit the
windscreen before you fit the engine' -type quibbling has delayed
commissioning somewhat (4 months so far!)