What, Where and Can I

Subject: What, Where and Can I
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 04:38:08
Message text written by "Mike Parkin"
>Could anyone recommend a suitable non-silicone polish that is available in
the UK.<

I am told that Quadralene (Fast Wax) is good. They use it on gliders. I
haven't found a source for it yet. If you do let me know.

>I am planning to panel mount my Skymap 3C GPS.  What is the best way to
mount the antenna?  Does one use an extension with the supplied antenna and
mount it in the fuselage or is another antenna required?
Is the fuselage 'transparent' to the GPS satellite signals.
<

Although the signal should pass through the fuselage OK apparently the
windscreen is more transparent. I have mounted the flat rectangular aerial
Skyforce supply on top of the instrument panel and got good results. This
also saves having to connect yet another wire to the instrument panel from
other parts of the aircraft.

Nigel Charles