Re: Speeding up the Rotax 914 Vacuum Pump PTO

Subject: Re: Speeding up the Rotax 914 Vacuum Pump PTO
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:01:32
Shaun, I'm surprised to learn the B & C will put out only about 4A on
the Rotax, when they market it for vacuum pad installation on
Lycomings.  Your 54% calc is correct (for the 914 at 75%, pump speed
of 2983 RPM; 912 is 3194).  However, the Lycoming vacuum pump pad has
1.3:1 gearing, thus turning 3250 at an assumed 2500 for 75% power.  Is
B & C saying a 9% reduction in alternator RPM will halve its output?
How so?

Regards,
Fred F., A063