Re: tail planes

Subject: Re: tail planes
From: Bill McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:08:46
Brian,

The bushings should be true round as they come to you.  The tube may not
be, as well as the other tubes that slide over it.  Mic to see and
correct before taking any material off the bushings.  Lubrication is
necessary.  Make sure no high spots created at the drilled holes that
will score the bushing needlessly.  If tube is confirmed round you can
use emery cloth on a bushing but obviously you can't put material back
on the bushing after taking it off.  The bushing is the softer material
so wear will occur there with use but you would like to start with the
best fit.

Bill McClellan
A164