tail planes

Subject: tail planes
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 19:59:07
Here's a thing. We have just checked the set up of our tailplanes which are
within 20 min. of each other when using an inclinometer on the trailing edge
just outboard of the trim tabs - this seems good enough to us. However
looking at the front of the tailplanes in relation to the fuselage mouldings
there appears to be a big discrepancy between the two tailplanes. When the
port tailplane is aligned with the fuselage moulding at the front, the port
one is about 7mm below it's respective fuselage moulding. Either the
mouldings are out or the tailplanes are different shapes. Anyone had similar
experiences or can offer any thoughts

Regards

Paul Stewart #432